Welcome Everyone to a "NEW" addition to the "Soft in the Head" family “Soft in the Head Hauntings”! This blog will be devoted entirely to my love of Halloween and everything Halloween and the inner “trickster” that exists in all of us! I will debut new Halloween characters and their stories here, quirky stories from my childhood and funny and often “bloopers” of my everyday life road. I hope you will find some time to follow the "Haunting Happenings" here at "Soft in the Head Hauntings".....

~~~I'll bet living in a nudist colony takes all the fun out of Halloween. ~~~

The Countdown Begins....

"From ghosties and ghoulies and long-leggedy beasties, and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!" - Old Scottish Prayer
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The "Ghoultide Gathering" October 2, 2010

Jun 30, 2009

Are The Spirits Knocking at Your Door?.......

******************************************************************************
I think we all believe in a bit of the supernatural...Well I know I do! Heck my husband and I live in it! This old store that we call home is frequently visited by one spirit in particular, we call her Mary. Mary is of the singing variety of spirits, ghosts, spectres whatever....and we often are woken up to one of her strange melodies as she wanders around the old store in the middle of the night. I remember one time she came up behind me when I was doing laundry and started singing. Well I can honestly say that it took me awhile to peel my clothes off the ceiling! We've gotten use to her though and at times find her humorous. Our cats, not so much! They still avoid certain areas in this old place and spit and snarl at thin air...

I actually saw my first ghost when I was eleven. I remember lying in bed late at night, unable to sleep. I popped my bedside lamp on so I could read another "Nancy Drew Mystery". When my light came on I saw a woman standing at the foot of my bead. She was smiling and then disappeared. It happened so fast that I honestly didn't have time to re-act. That image has stayed with me for almost fifty years now.... Between Mary singing in my ear and that experience I had at eleven I guess you would say I am a HUGE believer in the nether-world and the supernatural. How about you?

4 comments:

The Smiling Goat said...

Sweet Mother of Pearl! I do I do I do blieve in SPOOKS!!!! I had my first experience at the age of 3 or so. It was a Sunday morning and I was comming out of my room into the bathroom. I soon came out to look up at a woman with her arms spread open as if to greet me! She was like a hallogram. I swear she was the virgin Mary but I can't be sure.After that i just had a super sense of the "otherside".It seems that the supernatural follows me wherever I go! Shadows, voices, strange lights pretty much sums it up. Now i scared myself and it's broad daylight!LOL!

Goatie

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

I have never had anything like yours happen..but do believe yes..thanks for the stories..and yeah our animals can sense that stuff a mile away...:)

Unknown said...

Yes! I believe in spirits and have experienced the just knowing they are there. I also feel like The Smiling Goat that they know when I am around.
take care Kim

Anonymous said...

Our house in Ky was haunted...and surprisingly enough, I was folding clothes one evening in our bedroom and a spirit started whistling...it did startle me but not scared as I had grown used to such activity...LOL!